2-in-1 Table Top Multi-Function Esthetics Unit - High Frequency + Galvanic
The 2-in-1 Table Top Multi-Function Esthetics Unit - High Frequency + Galvanic. This two in one machine features both High Frequency and Galvanic. Use the High Frequency step to clear up skin conditions such as acne. Galvanic provides deeper penetration of product and improvement in the vascular/lymphatic interchange in the area.High Frequency:
High Frequency instrument is to speed up the circulation of the blood, stimulate glandular activity, remove bacteria and ease the penetration of cosmetic products. It uses high frequency to kill bacteria on the skin’s surface and aid in product penetration. Includes base unit, high frequency handle, acne electrode, spoon electrode, mushroom electrode, and indirect electrode.
The high-frequency unit is used as one of the final steps of a facial after extractions. Depending on how it is used, it can be warming and soothing, or stimulating. It can also deliver a mild antiseptic effect. A high-frequency current is a current that alternates very rapidly – in the range of 100,000 or greater hertz. A high frequency current passes through the body very easily, exciting the water molecules in the body. They begin to vibrate very rapidly, warming the body tissues.
The instrument transmits high frequency current that can benefit the skin in many ways:
- Increases metabolism
- Produces heat inside the body tissues
- Stimulates glandular activity
- Increases the circulation of blood
- Aids in elimination and absorption
- Penetrates products more deeply into the skin
- Creates germicidal action – During the direct method, the electrical current generates ozone, which has germicidal properties, helping kill bacteria on the skin.
Current can be applied to the client’s face in one of two ways:
- Direct – The esthetician places the electrode directly on the client’s skin and moves it gently over the skin. High-frequency energy is discharged into the skin at the point of contact. The direct method both warms and stimulates the skin.
- Fulguration/acne sparking - The esthetician holds the electrode a short distance away from the skin, producing a spark that can help promote healing.
Its' primary uses are to introduce water-soluble materials into the skin and disincrustation. The galvanic unit takes the alternating current it receives from an electrical outlet and converts it into a direct current (the electrons flow continuously in one direction only) that has been modified to a safe level. The current creates chemical changes as it passes through the tissues of the body.
Galvanic current is used for the following functions:
- Disincrustation - During disincrustation, the galvanic current creates a chemical reaction that softens or emulsifies (liquefies) sebum, turning it into soap (a process known as saponification). Soap is made of fat and lye (sodium hydroxide). After liquefying the sebum, the electrical current from the galvanic unit interacts with the salts (sodium chloride) in the skin, creating the chemical sodium hydroxide or lye. The lye and fatty liquefied sebum combine to form a soapy substance that helps dissolve grease deposits, debris, and blackheads in the hair follicles, making comedones much easier to extract. Disincrustation facilitates deep pore cleansing and is particularly beneficial for acne or oily skin.
- Iontophoresis means the introduction of ions. It assists the penetration of water-soluble products into the skin. There are 2 types of iontophoresis:
- Cataphoresis uses galvanic current flowing from the positive to the negative pole to force acidic products into the deeper tissues.
- Anaphoresis uses galvanic current flowing from the negative to the positive pole to force liquids that are bases (alkaline) into the tissues.
The positive current (+ anode) is used to penetrate products that are slightly acidic. It produces an acidic reaction that helps soothe nerves, decrease the blood supply, and close pores. Acidic products have a positive polarity. Since two positives tend to repel each other, products with a positive polarity are driven into the tissues.
The negative current (- cathode) is used to penetrate products that are slightly basic. It produces an alkaline reaction that helps stimulate nerves, increase the blood supply, and soften the tissues. Basic products have a negative polarity. Since two negatives tend to repel each other, products with a negative polarity are driven into the tissues.
VIEW ALL PRODUCTS BY MEISHIDA