CND VINYLUX Midnight Swim / 0.5 oz.CND VINYLUX Midnight Swim / 0.5 oz. VINYLUX is a two-step polish system consisting of VINYLUX Weekly Polish (featuring a built-in basecoat) and VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat that offers durable, high-shine and week-long wear. The top coat becomes more durable when exposed to natural light, ensuring no chipping or scratching for at least one week. VINYLUX dries in just eight and a half minutes. Plus VINYLUX colors perfectly match CND Shellac™ shades, making for easy CND Shellac touchups on the go and for pedicures that perfectly match CND Shellac manicures.
IMPORTANT! VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat must be used to ensure proper application.
What It Is
VINYLUX is a breakthrough polish that endures a week of fashion perfection… without a base coat!
Exposure to natural light secures the patent-pending ProLight technology, creating an enduring, long-lasting polish. While ordinary polishes become brittle and deteriorate over time, VINYLUX dries naturally to a flawless finish and strengthens its resistance to chips over time. Finally a polish that ensures your nails will never let you down! Features Prolight Technology from the makers of CND Shellac - The Original Power Polish!
How It Works
VINYLUX Weekly Polish and Weekly Top Coat are a system that is uniquely designed to work together. Patent-pending ProLight technology creates a powerful network of cross-linked polymer bonds that build resistance to chips and enhance durability with exposure to natural light over time. Really!
Features & Benefits:
- Change it when you want to, not because you have to.
- Apply two thin coats of VINYLUX Weekly Polish.
- Finish with one coat of VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.
- For best results, use CND Shellac Nourishing Remover on a cotton pad to easily and gently remove VINYLUX.
Suggested Retail Price: $9.90
- Innovative system includes a self-adhering Color Coat that eliminates the need for Base Coat, and a Top Coat with new ProLight Technology which enhances durability with exposure to natural light over time
- In consumer testing of hundreds of manicures, more than 80 percent of clients had no chipping after seven days
- Quick Dry Time - VINYLUX dries completely in just eight and a half minutes compared to standard nail polish that dries in 15-20 minutes on average
- 62 fashion-forward polish colors to suit weekly desires, over 30 colors match popular CND Shellac™ shades, for at-home touchups and pedicures
- Steadfast - Delivering week long wear of fresh, flawless color without chipping. Better performance than leading polish.
- Enduring - Top Coat actually toughens over time with exposure to natural light with ProLight technology.
- Efficient - The self-adhering color coat means faster service time.
- Fun - A full range of runway inspired shades to accessorize every outfit and enhance any mood, including CND Shellac matched shades for touch-ups and toes
DOWNLOAD THE Detailed VINYLUX Weekly Polish Application Guide
VIEW ALL CND VINYLUX Shellac Matched Shades
VIEW ALL VINYLUX Reds, VINYLUX Bolds, VINYLUX Pinks, VINYLUX Neutrals
VIEW ALL CND VINYLUX PRODUCTS
VIEW ALL PRODUCTS BY CND
CND VINYLUX Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the key steps to follow in order to maximize week long wear?
A. Use VINYLUX as a System; start with P.E.P. followed by VINYLUX Color and always use VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.
- Q. Can you use a CND base coat for extra adhesion?
A. No, a base coat will negate the performance of VINYLUX because the adhesives are in the color coat.
- Q. What makes VINYLUX bond to the nail without a base coat?
A. VINYLUX has adhesion promoters in the color coat making the color self-adhering without a base coat.
- Q. Can you use a different CND top coat?
A. No, the VINYLUX Top Coat has our innovative Pro-light technology with photo initiators and becomes more durable with exposure to natural light.
- Q. Can you use VINYLUX Top Coat with other enamel brands? Will it work as well?
A. It can be used with other enamel brands, but cannot guarantee week long wear. The system yields the ultimate performance.
- Q. Are there problems with the polish staining the nails?
A. No, CND uses a 2 part mechanism to create adhesion without staining. The 1st part is the adhesion promoters, which are designed to anchor directly to keratin and form a barrier to prevent the pigments from coming in contact with the nail surface. The 2nd part is the fast drying formula which is designed to further lock in the pigments on a more permanent basis as the color layer forms a film. This stops any transport of the pigment down to the nail.
- Q. What is the dry time?
A. 8 1/2 minutes
- Q. Can you use CND SolarSpeed Spray with VINYLUX?
- Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Liquid & Powder?
A. Yes, for Liquid & Powder enhancements, smooth & refine enhancement with a 1200 grit buffer, like the Koala Buffer. Apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.
- Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Brisa Gels?
A. Yes, create the Brisa Gel enhancement, then refine and shape the enhancement following all enhancement finishing steps. Apply Brisa Gloss and cure. Remove the top film with 99% IPA and gently remove the shine with a Boomerang Buffer. Apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.
- Q. Can you apply VINYLUX over Brisa Lite Removable Gels?
A. Yes, create the Brisa Lite Removable Gel enhancement, then refine and shape the enhancement following all enhancement finishing steps. Thoroughly dust the enhancement. Skip the Brisa Lite Removable Top Coat and apply 2 layers of VINYLUX Weekly Polish followed by VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat.
- Q. Can you layer VINYLUX shades to create new colors?
A. VINYLUX does not have effects for layering, however, sheer shades can always be used to layer for design.
- Q. Can you pour one bottle of VINYLUX into another bottle? To condense two bottles? To mix two different colors?
A. Yes. The colors are able to be combined.
- Q. How do you remove VINYLUX? (Nail polish remover, pure acetone or CND Shellac Nourishing Remover?)
A. VINYLUX is best removed with CND Shellac Nourishing Remover or Acetone.
- Q. Which CND Education Classes teach VINYLUX?
A. Our CND Play Station will feature the VINYLUX Polish System.
- Q. Since it’s using some of the same technologies as Shellac, can it be cured with UV (or LED light) for extra strength? Will this affect VINYLUX negatively?
A. Curing VINYLUX under a UV or LED light will not affect it negatively; however, it still dries naturally like regular polish.
- Q. Does VINYLUX thicken over time like regular nail polish?
A. Yes, as with any solvent containing product, if the top is removed from the bottle, the solvent will evaporate. Be sure to thoroughly shake VINYLUX before application and always tighten the cap after use to prevent solvent evaporation.
- Q. What can be used to thin it? Does it cure in the bottle when exposed to light?
A. Adding polish solvent will thin, but will affect dry time.
- Q. Does using SolarOil on a daily basis affect VINYLUX wearability?
A. SolarOil will enhance wearability as it improves the health of the nail.
- Q. Can you mix Additives into VINYLUX or other “nail art” ingredients?
- Q. Is a wet or dry manicure recommended for VINYLUX?
A. Natural nails should be P.E.P.ed prior to VINYLUX application. If a SpaManicure or SpaPedicure is desired, it should be performed prior to VINYLUX application.
- Q. What is the cost per service of VINYLUX?
A. Weekly Polish: $0.17, Weekly Top Coat: $0.09
- Q. Will all new colors and collections from VINYLUX always be matched with Shellac colors?
A. VINYLUX will launch with more colors than Shellac and thus have many of its own colors. However, Shellac and VINYLUX will launch the same seasonal collection colors.
- Q. How do I ensure that VINYLUX will not take away from my Shellac customers?
A. VINYLUX is for the client that wants to change their color every week or on demand. The Shellac customer desires a two week commitment and salon-only services. In addition, since dozens of the Vinylux colors match the Shellac colors, Vinylux is the perfect Pedicure Polish for your Shellac Manicure Clients
- Q. Can you guarantee week long wear?
A. Nail conditions vary which will affect product performance. Healthy nails without delamination or drying issues perform for one week.
- Q. Will VINYLUX be available in a larger size?
A. Not at this time. Only if there is future demand